Conference Registration Has Closed
Registration for the 2018 Maine Land Conservation Conference is now closed, as we have reached capacity. Thank you for your interest! We are looking forward to a great event!
Legislature's ACF Committee Releases Report on Conserved Lands
This report finds that nonprofit conservation organizations provide a great value to the residents of Maine. Read the report.
Recents Job Posts
- Conservation Easement Stewardship Internship, Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests
- Community Outreach Assistant (June - August 2018), Coastal Mountains Land Trust
- Assistant Trail Steward, Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- Summer Camp and Outreach Educator, Maine Audubon
- Outreach Coordinator, Northeast Wilderness Trust
Featured Conservation Story
For two years, Maine land trusts have been fending off a series of ill-conceived bills in the state legislature, each based on false assumptions questioning the value of land conservation. In “Land Trusts Work for Maine,” MLTN answers critics with actual data and real examples that illustrate how land conservation groups are expanding outdoor recreational opportunities, strengthening the tourism economy, supporting natural resource jobs, and enhancing local communities.
Land Trust News
September 12, 2017
July 13, 2017
The Kennebec Estuary Land Trust (KELT), headquartered in Bath, has won Down East magazine’s 2017 “Readers’ Choice” award as “Best Land Trust” in Maine. Held annually, the magazine’s competition solicits nominations from readers; winners are selected by thousands of Down East readers.