Fall Regional Meetings
This year, in addition to the usual peer-to-peer exchange we enjoy at the regional meetings, our special guests from The Telling Room will lead us in more exploration around telling stories that connect. Learn more.
Conservation Task Force Public Listening Sessions
The Task Force that formed to help shape the next generation of Maine Land Conservation wants to hear from you. Public listening sessions will be held on 10/16 and 10/18. Visit the website for details.
Upcoming Regional Meetings & Workshops
- Wednesday, Oct 17th, 2018
Pen Bay & Downeast Regional Meeting
- Wednesday, Nov 7th, 2018
Western & Inland Regional Land Trust Meeting
- Wednesday, Dec 12th, 2018
Midcoast Regional Land Trust Meeting
Recents Job Posts
- Wildlife Ecologist, Maine Audubon
- Director of Water Conservation, Midcoast Conservancy
- Conservationist, Highstead (Connecticut plus travel)
- Executive Director, Loon Echo Land Trust
- Stewardship Manager (part time, year-round), Cape Elizabeth Land Trust
Featured Conservation Story
Managing the 55,678-acre Downeast Lakes Community Forest is no small task. With numerous hiking trails to maintain, lakeside campsites to clean up, and small projects to check off DLLT’s to-do list, the many friendly faces of the Downeast Lakes region take pride in keeping the recreational infrastructure in tip-top shape. Here, kids from DLLT’s summer program “Serious Skills for Boys & Girls” build nesting boxes for owls.
Land Trust News
June 04, 2018
April 04, 2018