2020 Maine Land Conservation Conference
Each year, Maine Coast Heritage Trust presents the Maine Land Conservation Conference for and with Maine’s robust land conservation community.
We come together to train on best practices in all aspects of land trust work, connect with our peers, and grapple with the most pressing issues facing land conservation today.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Sponsors make our conference possible.
Save the Dates
Friday and Saturday, April 24th & 25th
Mt. Ararat Middle School and Orion Performing Arts Center, 50 Republic Ave, Topsham
Mark your calendar and plan to join us. Registration will begin in mid-March.
This year’s conference will have a strong focus on climate change and resilience.
Saturday, April 25th
The all-inclusive main event takes place on Saturday and includes a full day (8am – 4:30pm) of activities. Following an inspiring plenary session (keynote speaker to be announced soon!), attendees will choose from a wide variety of workshop offerings, many of which will tie climate issues into a variety of land trust work. Among them:
- Natural Climate Solutions: The Potential of Maine’s Farms and Forests
- The Decline in Maine Bird Populations and How Land Owners Might Help
- The Changing Role of Renewables in Land Conservation Easements
- Building Sustainable Trails
- Empowering Your Community to Become Climate Change Agents
Friday, April 24th
We warm up for the big conference with some exciting opportunities on Friday. This year’s Friday sessions include:
- A field course to help forest owners manage their property with birds in mind
- A creative course with local artist Robin Brooks that explores connection to place through the medium of landscape collage
- A welcoming reception where you can meet new friends and catch up with old acquaintances, enjoy a light dinner, and share thoughts and ideas on the big day to come.
- And more
- The Conservation Fund
- Demont Associates
- Drummond Woodsum
- Open Space Institute
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- Douglas McDaniel & Campo
- EA Engineering, Science and Technology, Inc., PBC
- FB Environmental Associates, LLC
- Karen Schaller Fundraising Database Consultant LLC
- New England Forestry Foundation
- One Bridge Consulting
- Rachel Bouvier Consulting
- Stern Consulting International
- Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve