Conference Workshop Request for Proposals
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2020 event has passed. Thanks to all who took the time to propose a session. We couldn’t present this conference without the generous participation of our workshop presenters!
Maine Coast Heritage Trust is now accepting workshop proposals in all topic areas for the 2020 Maine Land Conservation Conference. This year’s Conference will have a strong focus on climate change and resilience. We have a variety of open workshop slots on Friday and Saturday.
- The deadline for submitting your proposal(s) is November 22nd, 2019.
Please collect all information you need before you begin, so that you can complete the RFP form in one sitting. You will need:
- Name, organization, address, phone number, and email for submitter (presumed to be the presenter)
- A proposed title for the workshop
- A proposed level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, or Any/All)
- A brief description including specific information, ideas, and tools participants will take away from the session.
- Co-presenter names and emails
Other important reminders:
- Our conference is presented to benefit Maine’s land conservation community and specifically land trusts. Be sure to explain in your description what useful knowledge or tools those attendees will take away from your workshop session.
- Sessions that are interactive are strongly preferred. If used, PowerPoint presentations should not comprise the majority of the workshop content but should complement a lively oral presentation, handouts that participants can take with them, and above all, interaction with and between attendees.
- On Saturday, most workshops will be 90-minutes in length; however, there will be a limited number of 75-minutes sessions. If the planning committee selects your workshop, we will contact you with a suggested time slot for you to consider. If you have a strong preference, please include that in your workshop description.
- The planning committee may ask for minor adjustments to your workshop including title, content or additional co-presenters before accepting your proposal. We will contact you as soon as possible if we wish to request changes.
- If the planning committee selects your workshop for the Saturday event, you will receive free admission to that event, including plenary session and lunch.
- Presenters are responsible for all travel expenses.