Intro to Chainsaw Safety for Land Trusts
Tue., May. 24, at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, at Katherine Breton Memorial Preserve
Rain Date: May 25th
Participant limit: 15
MCHT Regional Steward Caleb Jackson will instruct land trust staff and/or volunteers on proper use of chainsaws with a focus on safety. Many thanks to Androscoggin Land Trust for hosting this event.
This training will include:
- Assessing and using proper personal protective gear (PPE)
- Turning on, arresting, and turning off the chainsaw
- Body Mechanics: safely, efficiently, and effectively holding and operating the chainsaw
- Assessing and releasing compression, tension, and twist
- Trail clearing considerations and esthetics.
This training will NOT include:
- Chainsaw maintenance or chain sharpening techniques
- Felling standing trees
This training is an introduction for those with little or no previous experience using a chainsaw. It is not a certification course. Using a chainsaw safely requires ongoing learning and practice; workshop participants are encouraged to seek additional training.
Bring your own bag lunch.
Bring your own chainsaw, fuel, bar oil, and safety equipment if you have it. If you don’t have any of these items, please let us know ahead of time at the email below.
To register, click here.