Administrative and Finance Coordinator
Cape Elizabeth Land Trust
Opening posted: 05/28/2021 | Expires: 06/25/2021
Classification: Part-Time Non-Exempt Position (25 hours/week)
Reports To: Cape Elizabeth Land Trust Executive Director
Start Date: As soon as possible
Pay Rate: $23,400 – $25,350 annually plus benefits
With over 30 years of history and having recently completed a very successful comprehensive campaign, CELT is excited to welcome a part-time administrative and finance coordinator/office manager to join our team. This position will oversee office management and provide administrative and finance assistance in coordination with the executive director and the membership and development manager. The person in this position will enjoy greeting volunteers and the public in a busy office environment. The ideal candidate will be very organized and have experience with Quickbooks, excel and financial management. This position is 25 hours per week with hourly rate based on experience.
CELT is a nationally accredited local land trust serving the diverse coastal community of Cape Elizabeth and surrounding towns. The organization owns or holds conservation easements on 31 properties encompassing over 850 acres. Preserved areas include coastal headlands, old forests, farmland and meadows, and wetland habitats.
- Finance Assistance and coordination with the accountant who does bookkeeping and prepares monthly reports:
- Coordinate and provide payable and receivable information to the accountant twice a month
- Collect and code all invoices for sign-off by the executive director
- Coordinate approvals of and pay invoices via bill-pay and credit card via online banking
- Review monthly bank statements and provide to the accountant
- Coordinate all ACH payments
- Prepare and make all bank deposits and assist with batch reports
- Track and provide all fidelity and bank statements for accountant
- Follow up on financial questions such as dual credit card charges, uncashed checks, etc.
- Review of monthly Financials and prepare a summary for the board that captures highlights and trends.
- Review transactions over $1,000, initial and prepare for executive director sign off
- In coordination with the executive director, coordinate CD investment when necessary.
- Provide summary of monthly financial reports.
- Prepare quarterly general ledger and P&L for all classes (projects)
- Coordinate the organization’s annual financial audit, and oversee all required federal and state filings
- Coordinate fund transfers with Treasurer
- Welcome and assist visitors at CELT’s office (post COVID 19 restrictions)
- Answer phone, voice mail
- Process mail, and respond to basic information requests online
- Maintain calendar of board and committee meetings, and coordinate use of office space
- Ensure volunteer sign-ups are received by correct program lead
- Assist with logistics for events
- Recordkeeping: Manage and upgrade CELT’s recordkeeping systems to ensure that organizational records are properly stored and accessible as needed and coordinate transition to primarily electronic storage.
- Inspect CELT’s corporate records and meeting records on an annual basis to ensure compliance with the recordkeeping policy
- Ensure the committee meeting summaries are recorded and coordinate back-up needs with committee chairs
- Manage Dropbox and Carbonite storage systems
- Coordinate annual insurance renewals and needs for new insurance policies
- Track and review all of the required non-profit compliance with Maine Association of Nonprofit compliance check-list.
- Support the organization’s operational infrastructure including managing equipment, procuring supplies, and maintaining the physical premises of the office.
- Oversee all Human Resource responsibilities including payroll through payroll company, benefits administration, paperwork and background checks for onboarding staff , collecting W-9’s from all contractors and coordinating 1099’s with accountant
- Coordinate IT assistance when needed
Perform, as necessary, other administrative/finance work required to meet the needs of CELT when requested by Executive Director
Qualifications and skills needed for this position include:
- 2 years of experience in administration and management in a non-profit or small business,
- Associate’s degree with a BA degree preferred,
- Experience with finance and administration, including use of spreadsheets and QuickBooks, and knowledge of basic accounting principles,
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic document retention coordination,
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small non-profit staff,
- Willingness to work beyond the job description and adapt to shifting priorities, as needed,
- Personal passion and commitment to CELT’s mission, and
- Experience working for a land conservation organization, if possible.
To Apply: Please upload one PDF labeled with your name that includes cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/cAj41Kg9aYeAyRXLnCIy
You will receive an automatic reply from Dropbox when you upload your application. Applications accepted until the position is filled. We will start review of applications on June 16, 2021.