Boothbay Region Land Trust
Opening posted: 05/09/2023 | Expires: 06/09/2023
Apply via website Apply via email
Description and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistance (AA) is a part-time, year-round 20 hours per week position. Work scheduling can be flexible, however some weekend and/or evening work is required on occasion. Position is hourly with paid time off plus paid holidays.
The AA will coordinate Boothbay Region Land Trust (BRLT) front office and visitor center and support the administration of the organization including database management, data entry report generation, etc. The AA works in an office environment with other staff and interacts regularly with volunteers and visitors. Good humor and a collaborative spirit are thus essential character traits.
- Strong organization with attention to detail
- Experience with customer service and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable utilizing computers for office work. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite are a must. Experience with or ability to quickly learn and utilize new programs for data management (experience with CRM software, Little Green Light, QuickBooks a plus)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Enthusiasm for environmental conservation and/or outdoor recreation.
- Office Reception: Answer telephone calls, route calls, and take messages; greet visitors to the office and answer general inquiries.
- Mail Management: Pick up and deliver mail. Coordinate bulk mailings. Follow protocols for opening mail and recording donations.
- Banking: Coordinate banking activities including recording income appropriately and making daily deposits.
- Donor Database Maintenance & Support: Maintain the donor database with accurate donor information. Add donor contribution information, print donor acknowledgement letters, update donor contact information, and ensure data quality.
- Bookkeeping: Record all deposits and bill payments in QuickBooks. Print checks for bill payments. Maintain files for donations, invoices, and monthly income reports. Support the annual audit.
- Facilities Management: Maintain a clean and inviting visitor center. Coordinate the order and stocking of office supplies as needed.
- Osprey Store: Manage the inventory and sale of BRLT merchandise.
- Receive emails from the BRLT general inbox and respond to general inquiries. Forward specific questions to appropriate staff.
- Oversee office volunteers
- Facilitate ticket sales for major events and maintain accurate attendees lists.
- Work as a member of a small staff to support all BRLT efforts.
- Assist with BRLT events as needed
- Contribute photos and support content development for press releases and newsletter articles as needed
- Assist with other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Boothbay Region Land Trust is a nationally accredited land trust that has been working in the Boothbay region since 1980. BRLT’s mission is to conserve, for the public benefit, the natural habitat, scenic beauty and working land of the Boothbay region. BRLT protects over 1,800 acres of land and provides over 35 miles of hiking trails spread across 26 public preserves. Furthermore, BRLT has well-established education and community outreach programs that support public engagement year-round.
Application Due Date: June 9, 2023
Please send electronic versions of your cover letter and resume with three current references to the following email address with the words “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line: