Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Islesboro Islands Trust
Opening posted: 05/14/2019 | Expires: 07/12/2019
The Islesboro Islands Trust administrative assistant’s principal work responsibilities include management and use of the membership database, assistance with fundraising events and procedures, and other tasks as time allows. The administrative assistant will work approximately 20 hours a week at a competitive hour rate.
This position is critical in that it provides the basis for the smooth operation and success of IIT’s conservation work. This person reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Assists with all aspects of administrative management, donor maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage.
- Works with the Executive Director to provide a secure, professional foundation for IIT’s fundraising and membership building. Looks for ways to improve fundraising records and works with the Committee and Executive Director to implement improvements.
- Creates, maintains and improves mailing list and contribution records in both digital and paper forms. Records contributions in computer database and paper files, mails receipts and sends contributions to be deposited.
- Reviews contributions of stocks and/or other assets; records and processes them.
- With the help of the Executive Committee and Executive Director, maintains an up-to-date mailing list. Creates mailing labels from time-to-time.
- Provides contribution summaries to Executive Director, Treasurer and/or Committee Chairperson as required. Works with Bookkeeper and Accountant to ensure that contribution data is up-to-date and accurate across all fiscal schedules.
- Assists Executive Director and Bookkeeper with accounts payable.
- Helps the Executive Director schedule and coordinate meetings, events and similar activities.
- Organizes hard-copy and digital files.
- Performs multifaceted general office support.
- Prepares Trustee meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Assists in writing and mailing a variety of letters and materials.
- Provides other office support and assistance with volunteers as requested.
The successful applicant will work at the Islesboro Islands Trust Cregar-Mellencamp Center office on the island of Islesboro. Applicant should live in or be willing to relocate to the Penobscot Bay area and be eager to learn.
Desirable experience includes working with a nonprofit organization, maintaining digital data, taking meeting notes, editing text and land conservation.
This is a part-time position paying a competitive hourly rate, depending on qualifications. Benefits include a flexible work schedule, a healthy and beautiful environment. Attendance is expected at four Trustee meetings per year, usually on Saturdays.
Send resume, three references, and a writing sample to Steve Miller, Islesboro Islands Trust, P.O. Box 182, Islesboro, ME, 04848 or email to moc.l1560878620iamg@1560878620llims1560878620tii1560878620. Position open immediately and until a suitable candidate is hired. Electronic submissions are preferred. Direct questions to Steve at moc.l1560878620iamg@1560878620llims1560878620tii1560878620 or 207-734-6907.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- well organized,
- time management,
- good communication and writing,
- computer literacy,
- tolerant, helpful and friendly, and
- aptitude for figures.