Georges River Land Trust
Opening posted: 09/23/2019 | Expires: 10/31/2019
The administrative assistant is responsible for office administration including financial and human resources record keeping. This position includes frequent interaction with staff and board members, as well as with donors, vendors and the public. The administrative assistant reports to the executive director and will oversee and manage office volunteers.
- Reception and administrative support for a lively group of committed staff.
- Maintains website and social media.
- Provides prompt response to membership and general information inquiries.
- Oversees organizational calendar and coordinates meetings, including agenda and scheduling.
- Maintains development database (Little Green Light) and assists the director of development with bulk mailing and correspondence.
- Provides support for community presentations and events, some limited evening and weekend work.
- Light bookkeeping duties related to general ledger, accounts and pledges receivable, accounts payable, deposits and restricted funds management in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for executive director and the board of directors; working with the executive director, consulting CPA and/or auditors.
- Oversees maintenance and replacement of computers and office equipment.
- Manages office supplies, maintains professional office environment.
- Manages files, and other record keeping systems.
- Administrative assistance experience required (3 years job-related experience preferred).
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks and MS Office.
- Detail oriented; excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Tactful, possessing ability to work with high degree of personal and professional initiative and ability to maintain confidentiality. Capability to work independently, under deadlines and produce accurate work. Personal reliability and regular attendance essential. Experience in the non-profit sector highly desirable. Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Commitment to the mission, programs and philosophy of the Georges River Land Trust.
- Proven capacity to work effectively as a team player; willingness to participate in all facets of this unique land trust. Occasional lifting of office supplies and equipment required. Sense of humor not only helpful but critical!
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a 40 hr/wk position. Full benefits offered.