Upper Saco Valley Land Trust
Opening posted: 02/03/2023 | Expires: 03/31/2023
Apply via website Apply via email
As the USVLT Conservation Director, you will play a leadership role in the implementation of USVLT’s strategic conservation plan by identifying lands worthy of protection, applying and accounting for funding from conservation-related grant sources, and overseeing the development and completion of land protection projects from start to finish.
You will also lead a team including the Land Steward and Conservation Easement Manager to ensure that the lands we protect are cared for and monitored annually.
You will be comfortable building and maintaining relationships and clear communication with town officials, donors, landowners, easement holders, and conservation professionals.
We are a small staff of professionals – with a supportive Board of Directors – who have a joint vision to grow the Upper Saco Valley Land Trust, together.
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) or related experience in natural sciences or conservation or related field
- Motivated, outgoing individual, with demonstrated success working in the natural sciences or a related field
- A track record of success in applying for and receiving a wide variety of grants relating to conservation work
- Comfortable working in outdoor settings, able to walk up to 5 miles through rough terrain and off-trail, and able to carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate transactions, including appraisals, title work, due diligence, escrow instructions, closing principles, practices of land conservation, land use planning, and regulations and zoning
- Strong attention to detail, as well as excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply legal language
- Proven ability to navigate complex projects with multiple stakeholders using proactive communication, problem-solving, and relationship-building skills
- GIS, GPS, map-and-compass, trail-building, and digital photography skills are requiredOccasional weekends and evenings may be required for town meetings, board meetings, or outreach events.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This position reports to the Executive Director
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Flexible hours/location
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care Reimbursement: $600/month