Kittery Land Trust
Opening posted: 06/07/2021 | Expires: 07/01/2021
The Kittery Land Trust is a nonprofit community land trust. We are a small, highly successful, and well-regarded organization that has helped conserve almost 1,000 acres of land in Kittery. We are looking for someone to join our dynamic and ever-positive team to assist with a variety of coordination and organizational/administration tasks that will help advance our vision of “Saving Land and Building Community.” This is a part-time position anticipated to be 20 hours per week. The position is based in Kittery and candidates should expect to spend time at offices at the Kittery Community Center and Nooney Farm. The option of working from home will also be available.
The Deputy Director works closely with the KLT Executive Director to provide critical support for KLT’s general office operations, with a focus on assisting with donor management, website management, general outreach, and bookkeeping. KLT’s strategic plan includes an emphasis on land acquisition, stewardship, education and food security; the Deputy Director will likely be asked to support these efforts as well. Finally, KLT recently acquired the Nooney Farm, which involves a variety of education and local farming operations; the Deputy Director may assist in supporting farm operations from time to time.
As is often the case with small non-profit work, days at KLT range from the mundane (recording entries in our donor database) to the intellectually challenging (long-term strategic and financial planning). The ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, positive-thinking and show initiative and self-direction.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience editing websites
- Facility with administrative tasks
- Experience or capability to work with databases, such as those used to keep track of donors and volunteers
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner while collaborating effectively with Executive Director, part-time staff, volunteer board directors and other volunteers.
Preferred But Not Required Additional Qualifications
- Experience working for a land trust or similar non-profit
- Experience managing volunteers
- A background in K through 12 education
- A background in agriculture and/or forestry
Expected Hours Per Week
- The annual compensation will be based on a 20 hr work week though it’s understood that this will vary from week to week. Compensation will be based on experience and will not exceed $25/hour.
- Vacation will be unpaid and the amount and timing of vacation will be determined collaboratively as part of the hiring process.
- Flexibility and the potential for the position to grow in terms of hours, compensation and other benefits.
How To Apply
- Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Lisa Linehan, at:
- Please put “Deputy Director Position” in the subject line.
- Applications will be accepted until July 1st, 2021.
This position is considered “At-will,” meaning that KLT can terminate the employee at any time for any reason, except an illegal one, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.
KLT is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.