Director of Development
Georges River Land Trust
Opening posted: 10/06/2021 | Expires: 11/30/2021
Do you care about the environment? We do too. At the Georges River Land Trust, we protect the most beautiful places in Maine. We also love getting outdoors and creating new ways for people to connect with nature. We’re a growing non-profit in Rockland, right in the heart of Maine’s extraordinary Midcoast region, and we’re seeking a motivated fundraiser to join our team.
As Director of Development, you’ll lead all our fundraising efforts. Working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and the volunteer Membership & Marketing Team, you will develop and implement donor-focused strategies to grow our base of support. It’s about building relationships, connecting with people who also care about the environment, and by helping them make a difference, you’ll make a difference too.
The director of development will:
- Develop the annual fundraising, marketing, and communications plan, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Take the lead in executing a multimillion-dollar campaign to fund our conservation and public access initiatives.
- Cultivate, steward and solicit gifts from businesses, foundations and individual donors through one-on-one meetings.
- Manage all other fundraising activities including membership drives, planned giving, annual appeals, and outreach events.
- Oversee the production of newsletters, annual reports, brochures, information packets and other marketing materials.
- Keep in touch with our supporters through the press, website and social media, and increase our visibility in the community.
- Get grants. Leverage a relevant mission and compelling youth programs into funding opportunities for grant makers.
- Take a hike. Really! Fundraising is challenging but it’s all worthwhile when you go out and experience our trails and preserves and get to share them with others.
The development director brings:
- Proven track record with fundraising success.
- Ability to plan, organize and efficiently execute projects with deadlines.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and 5+ years of fundraising or related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Marketing experience a plus.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, three weeks paid vacation plus a generous number of paid holidays, as well as sick leave and personal time; flexible schedule.