Downeast Coastal Conservancy
Opening posted: 03/31/2022 | Expires: 05/31/2022
Downeast Coastal Conservancy (DCC) is a nationally-accredited land trust based in Machias, Maine. We are looking for an energetic, forward-looking individual with experience in organizational development and fundraising who can grow the organization and help achieve our vision of a healthy community working together as stewards of our natural lands and waters.
Formed in 1987, DCC is responsible for the conservation and stewardship of 45 fee preserves and 41 easements comprising 7,000 acres with more than 72 miles of shoreline. Our mission is to conserve essential ecological habitats, engage the local community, and foster an environment where wildlife and people thrive in coastal Washington County, Maine. Downeast Maine is a focus area for a number of national, state-wide and local conservation organizations with which DCC works collaboratively. The organization is overseen by an active Board of Directors and managed by a year-round staff of three: Executive Director, Stewardship Director and Membership and Outreach Director, with seasonal stewardship staff and summer interns.
Job Responsibilities: The Executive Director oversees and manages all aspects of land trust operations, providing leadership and staff coordination and development; promoting and maintaining positive relationships with donors, conservation partners and members of the community; leading fundraising efforts; insuring sound financial management; and working with the Board of Directors to promote and advance the mission of the organization.
- Experience in organization management including staff supervision and team building, financial management, strategic planning and plan implementation
- Demonstrated fundraising ability including grant writing and the ability to engage and excite donors
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a board, volunteers, conservation partners, and community members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in and commitment to conservation principles and practices
- High standards of integrity and professionalism
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
Downeast Coastal Conservancy recruits and hires for all positions without regard to race or color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, religion, age, ancestry or national origin, or other status protected by law.