Farmers’ Market Parking Coordinator
Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust
Opening posted: 02/24/2023 | Expires: 05/31/2023
Apply via website Apply via email
About the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust and its agricultural programs:
The Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust (BTLT) offers the Saturday Farmers’ Market and Tom Settlemire Community Garden (TSCG) at Crystal Spring Farm, our signature 321-acre property on Pleasant Hill Road in Brunswick. This Farmers’ Market is part of our wider mission, which includes conserving and protecting our region’s natural resources, and supporting local agriculture and fisheries now and for generations to come. It is our goal to support and develop the local natural resource-based economy to keep farmland, forests, and fisheries open, working, and productive, and to make strides toward providing significantly more of our community’s food needs through local production. The Saturday Farmers’ Market commonly sees several thousand visitors on a busy summer weekend, hosts over thirty diverse vendors, and has kept millions of dollars in the local food economy.
About the Role:
The Farmers’ Market Parking Coordinator is a part-time, seasonal employee who implements the set-up and break-down of the Farmers’ Market site and manages the parking during the hours when the market is operating, in partnership with volunteers. This includes being on site at the Market Saturdays, 7am to 1pm, May – Oct., in rain or shine conditions.
- Great interpersonal skills, and experience working with the public and/or volunteers.
- Physical ability to lift 45lbs and carry equipment.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic “handyperson” skills for minor repairs and upkeep of infrastructure are a bonus.
- Set-up and put-away cones, and Market informational signage before and after market in coordination with volunteers.
- Assist Market Manager with set-up and breakdown of market booth, and informational materials.
- Manage traffic flow and parking at Farmers’ Market site.
- Interact with Market patrons, vendors, and volunteers.
- Make repairs to market signage, or equipment, as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
This part-time seasonal position includes an hourly salary of $18/hr.
How to Apply:
To apply, please fill out this form OR submit a resume to . Please use “Market Parking Coordinator” as the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected factors. We actively encourage community members with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and ways of life to consider working with us.