Wells Reserve at Laudholm
Opening posted: 07/10/2019 | Expires: 08/10/2019
Laudholm Trust, the 501(c)3 nonprofit partner of the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve (aka “Wells Reserve at Laudholm”), is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial, creative individual to take on significant fundraising duties at a beloved local landmark for its 21st century environmental mission.
This Fundraising Coordinator is a long-term position at a beautiful place with smart, honest people doing important, timely work. The right addition to our thriving organization will learn and expand on development activities such as grant writing, sponsorships, and individual and major gift research and cultivation.
This is a rare opportunity for a mission-driven, talented individual to build a record of success and make a difference in the world.
Education and experience:
- College degree and 2+ years of experience or equivalent
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with capacity to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and desire to increase knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work with donors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer proficiency, including demonstrated competencies in Microsoft Office and online researching tools.
- Experience with and understanding of donor management software and/or databases recommended.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mail merges and in-depth prospect research.
- Knowledge of Abila Fundraising 50 preferred.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support for annual giving, membership, grants, major gifts, and corporate sponsorship activities, including prospect research, mailing list creation, production of solicitation materials, proposal and letter drafting, meeting coordination, and assignments for the Marketing & Fundraising Committee and Trust President.
- Researches and maintains donor profiles for annual giving, corporate sponsorships, and major gift prospects.
- Communicates timely appreciation and value of continued philanthropic support through appropriate acknowledgment of gifts, recognition of donors, and the honoring of donor intent.
- Assists with donor cultivation and stewardship efforts, including targeted appeals to select funders.
- Assists with gift entry and acknowledgment of special gifts.
Helps manage the donor database to ensure data integrity. Updates donor records with new research and eliminates duplicate records.
- Records related actions and deadlines related to grants.
- Collaborates with Communications Director to maintain email lists for monthly email communications and new email solicitations and tests online fundraising appeals.
- Attends evening donor cultivation events and major April, June, and September weekend festivals.
- Attends Marketing & Fundraising Committee and other meetings as required.
- Helps create a welcoming and positive environment for volunteers and works with them effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule & Compensation
37.5 hours per week. $20-25/hr plus health and dental coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, long- and short-term disability coverage, and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please email or mail a tailored cover letter and CV addressed to:
Fundraising Coordinator position
c/o Nik Charov, President
PO Box 1007
Wells ME 04090
Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. Applicants invited to interview may also need to submit a current writing sample.
Applications will be accepted until an excellent candidate is found.