Invasive Aquatic Plant Survey and Remediation Team
Friends of the Cobbossee Watershed
Opening posted: 03/25/2021 | Expires: 05/14/2021
Description: The Friends of the Cobbossee Watershed is looking for candidates to conduct aquatic plant surveys and invasive aquatic plant remediation in the Cobbossee Watershed. The position will require knowledge of (or a passion for learning about) aquatic ecosystems, aquatic plant identification, and invasive aquatic plant remediation. Individual will gather and enter data on invasive aquatic plants, as well as help with the removal process. Position will include opportunities for various trainings and participation in educational activities and events.
- Survey lakes in the Cobbossee Watershed for invasive aquatic plants
- Follow all Covid-19 and safety protocols
- Educate lakefront property owners & users
- Deploy benthic barriers to control invasive aquatic plants
- Track & report data on field forms
- Develop educational materials
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to further mission of The Friends*.
- Interest in Botany, Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology.
- Comfortable interacting with the public.
- Responsibility and maturity
- Clear communicator (verbal and written)
- Detailed record keeping
- Mapping (GIS) and GPS unit experience
- A PASSION for protecting Maine’s lakes!
- Plant identification or an interest & ability to learn quickly.
- SCUBA certifications and experience diving.
- Comfortable operating motorized & non-motorized watercraft.
*Some weekend & evening work required. Must have own transportation & valid driver’s license.
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Toni B. Pied, Friends of the Cobbossee Watershed