Opening posted: 04/21/2023 | Expires: 05/31/2023
Gilsland Farm Audubon Center, Falmouth Maine
Maine Audubon is a widely respected, statewide conservation organization with headquarters in Falmouth, Maine. Our mission is to conserve Maine’s wildlife and habitat through conservation, education, and advocacy. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager who is enthusiastic, highly motivated, and dedicated to supporting the organization and its mission.
Working under the direction of the Director of Finance and Human Resources, Maine Audubon’s IT Manager is responsible for overseeing the organization’s technology adoption, system maintenance, and user support. We are seeking a highly skilled IT Generalist to support Maine Audubon’s staff, facilities, and systems, as well as public-facing programs and needs, at our statewide locations. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their own work and the role it plays in Maine Audubon’s mission. Maine Audubon has eight public centers and sanctuaries across the state, 30,000 members, volunteers, and supporters, and connects with more than 250,000 people annually. Technology plays a large role in our success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate all IT related matters, including managing any outside vendors who support Maine Audubon systems.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions and other security protocols for all existing staff, new hires, and seasonal employees.
- Work effectively and collaboratively on a team with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead and oversee the organization’s IT infrastructure, coordinating the functionality and maintenance of systems and software.
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related matters, including maintaining essential IT operations, such as data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure and maintenance systems are checked regularly for proper functioning.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
- Coordinate all software and hardware adoptions, ensuring that technologies are appropriate for their function and integrate with other Maine Audubon systems.
- Analyze current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades.
- Ensure that network components and software systems meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities and staying informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Analyze current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
- Maintain a library of how-to and technical support documents to support employees in their use of IT systems and applications.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process as needed.
- Support remote locations with various technologies including POS and other systems.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of progressively responsible related experience.
- Strong technical acumen, creative and analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to switch efficiently among different cultural frames of reference and communication modes.
- Experience with or foundational conceptual understanding of programming languages, platforms, and operating systems (including but not limited to Microsoft, Google, cloud concepts), current implemented hardware technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring, network design, and security.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Customer service orientation, problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-motivated individual who works well independently, with strong time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Experience supporting Blackbaud software Raiser’s Edge or Financial Edge is strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to details and organization skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Able to operate computers and other program equipment.
- Able to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Driver’s license required.
Salary Range: $58,000 – $63,000 depending on experience
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Erin Evans at . We will begin reviewing applications immediately. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Please also contact Erin Evans if you are seeking an accommodation in the application process. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements but believe that you’d be great at this role.
Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other aspect of identity protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.