Greater Lovell Land Trust
Opening posted: 01/30/2020 | Expires: 03/16/2020
The Land Steward is a full-time, benefited position at 32-40 hours per week and based in Lovell, ME, near North Conway, NH and the White Mountain National Forest.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Land Steward performs conservation easement and fee land stewardship and assists in land protection, environmental education programs and other functions as directed. This position is part field work, part office-based work and leads the Greater Lovell Land Trust’s efforts to maintain, monitor, and manage its 5,4000 acres protected lands and 30 miles of trails. This position requires the employee to work under minimal supervision, as part of a team made up of summer interns and dedicated volunteers. Schedule flexibility is necessary, as the work will include occasional evenings and weekends, particularly in the summer field season.
Please visit the GLLT website for a detailed outline of the Land Steward responsibilities and more information about the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree or related experience in the natural sciences, conservation or a related field
- Comfortable working in outdoor settings year round, able to walk up to 5 miles through rough terrain and off-trail
- Experience building trails and working with hand tools and machinery
- Chainsaw experience (certification preferred)
- Working knowledge of mapping, including Google Earth, ESRI ArcGIS and related applications
- Experience with management plans, resource inventories, or similar documents related to property management
- Motivated, outgoing with excellent verbal communication and writing skills
A valid driver’s license will also be required.
Compensation Commensurate with experience. Other benefits include: 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave and a monthly contribution toward health insurance.
To Apply Please email a resume, cover letter and three professional references (all in PDF form) to Erika Rowland, Executive Director, at . Add “Land Steward” to subject line. Applications are due by 5:00 pm on March 16, 2020.