Membership Manager (full time)
Maine Island Trail Association
Opening posted: 05/29/2019 | Expires: 07/01/2019
About Maine Island Trail Association
The Maine Island Trail Association (“MITA”) is a 6,500-member organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the wild islands of coastal Maine. Through over 30 years of community-building, stewardship, and education, the organization has developed a premier recreational water trail and a model of sustainable recreation. MITA’s statewide programs are run through its office on the waterfront in Portland, ME as described at www.mita.org. Join our fun, hard-working team in pursuit of a fabulous mission!
MITA seeks to fill an opening for Membership Manager (MM), a full-time, year-round position based in Portland. The position requires strong attention to detail in administrative, analytic, writing, and design tasks. It also requires the ability to coordinate multi-phase projects, and demonstrated success in a team-centered, collaborative work environment.
Specific Responsibilities Include
Membership & Outreach:
- Administer all functions related to the acquisition, processing, retention, and growth of MITA’s members.
- Manage all aspects of the membership fulfillment process from acknowledgement communications and Guidebook mailings to timely & accurate record-keeping in MITA’s CRM (Salesforce).
- Ensure data integrity of donor and membership records in Salesforce, coordinating “best practices” by all staff to optimize data use across all program activities.
- Implement strategies of the Membership & Development team for recruitment and renewal of members, including leadership on select outreach events and support for other activities.
- Manage the production and mailing of renewal communications (digital and print), as well as other promotional/outreach materials.
- Lead on select design efforts and assist the membership/development team as needed on other design projects.
Development & Fundraising:
- Support the Director of Advancement with fundraising efforts, including direct leadership & management of select elements of various campaigns and programs.
- Serve as the first point of contact with members and others making inquiries by phone or in person.
- Experience with some of the following: membership enrollment & fulfillment, data & donor records management, events & outreach, fundraising.
- Excellent member/customer service and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proven commitment to detail-oriented work assignments.
- Demonstrated competency with Google Applications, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office programs.
- Experience with CRM/member-donor management software (competency in Salesforce a plus).
- Knowledge of the Maine coast and recreational boating are pluses, though not required.
Competitive salary depending on qualifications. Benefits package that includes paid time off, health/dental insurance, and retirement plans.
This position requires occasional weekend or evening work and occasional lifting of boxes of up to 35 lbs. The MITA office is accessible only by climbing a flight of stairs. MITA reserves the right to perform background checks as a condition of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter AS A PDF DOCUMENT to gro.a1560836920tim@h1560836920craes1560836920, using “Membership Manager” in the subject line. You will receive an emailed receipt to acknowledge your application. As a small organization we have limited capacity to process applications, so phone calls and postal mail submissions cannot be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled. All applicants will be notified by email when the position has been filled.
The Maine Island Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.