Office and Project Coordinator
Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC)
Opening posted: 01/10/2022 | Expires: 01/31/2022
Full-Time, Seasonal Position
Location: AMC Greenville Office, 127 Moosehead Lake Road
Supervisor: Maine Business & Community Relations Manager
Looking to join a great team with an even better mission? Join our team at the AMC as we continue some of the most exciting conservation work happening in Maine! The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage anyone interested to apply!
The position is a key and forward-facing role working directly with the public. The coordinator position will involve day-to-day operations, office work, and provide meeting and project assistance. With approximately 30 employees in Greenville, and over 180 year-round employees AMC wide, this is a great opportunity to be involved and work with all levels, departments, and programs.
The Office and Project Coordinator is the welcoming voice and smile for this location. Founded in 1876, the Appalachian Mountain Club promotes the protection, enjoyment, and understanding of the mountains, forests, waters, and trails of America’s Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. We believe these resources have intrinsic worth and provide recreational opportunities, spiritual renewal, and ecological and economic health for the region. Because successful conservation depends on active engagement with the outdoors, we encourage people to experience, learn about, and appreciate the natural world.
What you’ll be doing:
Maintain a welcoming and functional environment in AMC’s Greenville headquarters while assisting in and amplifying the efforts of all departments.
- Primary person to answer the general AMC phone line.
- Help direct callers and visitors to the right person even if it is someone different than requested.
- Responsible for mail operations and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Order office supplies and equipment for AMC’s Greenville location.
- Communicate with both the Boston and New Hampshire locations office coordinators.
- Assist and provide input to the conservation, community relations, operations, and education staff with projects.
- Have proven leadership and communication skills to successfully oversee project execution.
- Be an eager learner and collaborator, willing to jump into projects and pitch in.
- Assist with procuring materials and other items necessary for completing project goals.
- Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution.
Event and Meeting Planning
- Help to coordinate events and meetings in AMC’s event space, working with staff, leadership, tenants, the community, and other friends of AMC.
- Manage calendars for main event space and other meeting areas.
- Partner with staff, AMC volunteers and members, the local community, and other friends of AMC.
- Provide instructions on how to use audio/visual equipment and other office appliances.
Building Care and Upkeep
- Make sure common areas around AMC’s headquarters are tidy and in good working order.
- Respond to requests for repairs and maintenance; pass along to landlord or IT as appropriate.
- Provide cleaning services at the office including vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, window washing etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Interest in working with employees, visitors, and AMC constituents (donors, members, program participants, program partners, etc.)
- Be familiar with the Moosehead Lake region and willing to learn more.
- Have a strong customer service orientation: professional, friendly, and proactive.
- Be an experienced user of MS Office.
- Able to analyze, evaluate and prioritize situations using independent judgment and take initiative to solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Health insurance with a generous employer contribution is available to employees hired for 30 or more hours/week for a period of six months or longer.
- Accrued Earned Paid Time and Sick Time
- Use of AMC facilities, free and discounted rates as benefitted to seasonal staff.
- 30% discount on merchandise sold at our facilities and in AMC catalogs.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
Staff will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The AMC will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. AMC is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the organization.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.