Georges River Land Trust
Opening posted: 06/24/2021 | Expires: 07/24/2021
Do you care about the environment? We do too. At the Georges River Land Trust (GRLT), we protect the most beautiful places in Maine. We also love getting outdoors and creating new ways for people to connect with nature. We’re a growing non-profit in Rockland, right in the heart of Maine’s extraordinary Midcoast region, and we’re seeking a motivated program assistant to join our team.
Here’s where you come in: as the program assistant you’ll be a key part of our Langlais Sculpture Preserve and Development programs. You’ll provide administrative and logistical support to program directors and other team members. Working with us, you’ll make a difference for Maine’s great outdoors!
The Program Assistant will:
● Coordinate community outreach activities that connect people to our preserves and trails.
● Assist our fundraising efforts by coordinating events, maintaining our donor database, overseeing
bulk mailings and gift acknowledgements.
● Answer phone calls, provide general information, respond to general email inquiries, schedule
meetings, and manage our organizational calendar.
● Assist with communications across press and social media.
● Help run the Langlais Sculpture Preserve, home to renowned Maine artist Bernard Langlias.
● Promote visitation and help expand the events rental program.
● Manage terrific volunteers.
● Take a hike. Really! Our work is challenging but it’s all worthwhile when you go out and experience
our trails and preserves and get to share them with others.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Outgoing, and people oriented.
● Highly organized and self-motivated.
● Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, marketing, business administration, or related field,
with preferred 2 years of administrative, development, or marketing experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
● Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite for Business, social media (Facebook + Instagram).
● Tactful, possessing the ability to work with a high degree of personal and professional initiative
and ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Commitment to the mission, programs, and philosophy of the Georges River Land Trust.
● Occasional lifting of office supplies and equipment required (50lbs).
HOURS: Full Time (40hrs/wk), year-round; some weekend and evening work
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, three weeks paid vacation plus a
generous number of paid holidays, as well as sick leave and personal time