South Portland Land Trust
Opening posted: 02/16/2021 | Expires: 03/03/2021
The South Portland Land Trust (SPLT) seeks a part-time Program Coordinator to support and assist in the work of the land trust.
Mission: SPLT is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for residents through the conservation of open space and the expansion of trail networks.
The Program Coordinator is a contract position for 15-20 hours per week at $21-$25/hour. SPLT has secured funding for the Program Coordinator for one year and is fully committed to raising the funds to make this an ongoing position.
SPLT has a simple office in Mill Creek Park. The Program Coordinator will attend meetings in various locations in and around South Portland, and otherwise may choose to work from home or from the office. SPLT takes COVID-19 and all related precautions very seriously. This position will be based remotely until public health conditions allow for in-person meetings and work to move forward. The Program Coordinator will need to have access to technology required for remote work: computer, phone, and internet service.
The Program Coordinator is a part-time position for an otherwise all-volunteer organization that has been operating since 1987. The Program Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors and specifically to the Board President. The Program Coordinator will help keep the organization moving forward and running smoothly by accomplishing necessary support, maintenance, and communication tasks.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, is well-organized, can work well both independently and collaboratively, and must have some familiarity with fundraising and outreach work. Familiarity with land trusts and conservation work is a bonus.
- Organizational Management and Communications
- Support the Communications Committee to produce press releases, newsletters, website content, and social media
- Manage database of organizational contacts
- Work with the Treasurer and others to maintain complete records of all donation activities
- Update and help SPLT manage and utilize the Annual Calendar of events and deadlines
- Ongoing Support for Board and Committee Work
- Attend all Board meetings
- Participate in the work of current SPLT Committees as needed, including: Executive, Membership & Outreach, Communications, Fundraising, City Easements, West End Trails, and Trails and Lands.
- Facilitate communication among committees and the Board as needed
- Work with the Membership & Outreach Committee to support:
- Annual meeting
- Special events and projects (TBD)
- Logistics and outreach
- Work with the Fundraising as well as the Membership & Outreach Committees, and Board to help implement fundraising strategies.
- Appeal letters
- Communication with South Portland businesses and other potential donors.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the attention of Richard Rottkov at by March 3, 2021. The position will remain open until filled. The South Portland Land Trust encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Additional questions about the position or organization can be directed to . Thank you.