Seasonal Forest Research Technicians
Maine TREE Foundation
Opening posted: 01/17/2024 | Expires: 02/29/2024
Multiple Positions Available.
Holt Research Forest Research Techs will work in the field on the Maine coast as part of a research team, collect ecosystem data to contribute to ongoing ecological monitoring studies and develop a personal project to communicate Holt Research Forest findings to landowner audiences.
Ecological monitoring at Holt Research Forest began in 1983. Located on an island, this 350-acre woodland is the only research forest studying oak-pine forest systems on Maine’s coast. Holt Research Forest aims to support regional family forest owners by generating, communicating, and demonstrating best practices of climate-smart active management in Maine’s midcoast region.
Ideal Candidates Will Be:
- Able to identify native tree species
- Familiar with forest sampling methods and/or have other data collection experience
- Excellent at communicating in a team setting
- Willing and able to work outdoors safely, in poor weather conditions, while carrying field equipment
- Respectful of team members, with demonstrated responsibility in a professional setting
Work location is in Arrowsic, Maine (<1 hr from Portland, close to Bath and Brunswick). Onsite housing is available. Research Technicians will work 36 hours/week for 8-12 weeks from June through August at a rate of $18/hour. We will begin reviewing applications and scheduling interviews with candidates February 12, 2024. The positions will remain open until filled. To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to . For more information, please email or call 207-621-9872.