Volunteer Coordinator & Office Manager
Island Heritage Trust
Opening posted: 07/29/2019 | Expires: 08/30/2019
The year-round Office Manager & Volunteer Coordinator will be full time (up to 40 hrs. per week).
The Volunteer Coordinator & Office Manager position will include, but is not limited to, volunteer recruitment and management, general office clerical work, providing support for staff, assisting with communications/outreach, and overseeing the Nature Shop. The person filling this position will report to the Executive Director, and work closely with all staff. Flexible schedule within reason (different times of year may require changing schedule). Benefits include paid holidays & vacation time.
This position requires strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and computer skills (excel, word, adobe products, google drive, access, publisher, MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), training provided if needed. The applicant should have an enthusiastic interest in conservation and issues around land protection for the Deer Isle-Stonington community.
- Coordinate Volunteer Program, (recruitment, scheduling, training, & recognition of volunteers);
- Answer and screen telephone calls and greet guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- Help with filing, photocopying, and scanning;
- Manage general office supplies, re-order as needed;
- Assist with special mailings and upkeep of organizational records;
- Support Development Director with database entries (Donor & Volunteer, MailChimp);
- Oversee Nature Shop by waiting on customers, scheduling/training volunteers, & helping maintain inventory;
- Assist with communications (facebook, Instagram, MailChimp e-blasts, etc.), scheduling, and programming as needed;
- Provide administrative support for the executive director and other staff members as required;
- Assist in other related aspects of IHT’s operations as needed.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information in one document (PDF) for immediate consideration.
You are welcome to contact us with any questions at the number and email listed below. Applications can be submitted in person, by email, or by mail.
Paul Miller, Executive Director
PO Box 42, Deer Isle, ME 04627
Island Heritage Trust is a small non-profit, contributing to the well-being of the island community by conserving its distinctive landscapes and natural resources, maintaining public access to valued trails, shoreline and islands, and by providing educational programming for all ages.