2023 Maine Land Conservation Conference
As we’ve done for the past two years, we will again offer virtual workshops via Zoom throughout the month of March, but this year we are also planning an in-person gathering on May 3rd at the Samoset
While we find there are many advantages to the virtual format, we realize it’s no substitute for an in-person experience, so we’ve settled on a hybrid plan for 2023. This year, we will present eight webinars during the month of March but we’re also planning to gather in person on May 3rd at the Samoset in Rockport for a celebration of reconnection that will include speakers, small group discussion, plenty of networking time, and dinner. Registration for the two components of the Conference will be handled separately.
Registration for the May 3rd In-Person Gathering at the Samoset is Open.
Click here to learn more about the in-person gathering on May 3rd.
The 2023 Espy Land Heritage Award will be presented at the in-person gathering on May 3rd at the Samoset in Rockport.
Access Webinar Links
Registration for the virtual Conference is now open. The cost will remain $25 for admittance to all webinars, and all will be recorded in case you can’t attend them live. That said, we hope you’ll attend as many of the workshops live as you can. Each of you brings something special when you make a commitment to be present with us.
Here is the schedule at a glance. For workshop descriptions and presenters, click on the link at the top right:
Thursday, March 9
- 9:30-9:40am: Conference Kick Off
- 9:40-11:00am: Land Transactions: A review of the steps and resources needed to do fee and conservation easement land transactions
Wednesday, March 15
- 9:30-10:45am: IT Security for Land Trusts
Thursday, March 16
- 9:30-10:45am: Media Relations: How to Build Strong Relations with the Press
Tuesday, March 21
- 9:30-10:45am: Ecological Beaver Management
Wednesday, March 22
- 9:30-11:00am: TikTok, YouTube, Instagram Oh My! Making the Most of Videos to Tell Your Stories
Thursday, March 23
- 9:30-11:00am: Details, Deadlines, and Debuts: Unpacking the Ins and Outs of Video Production
Wednesday, March 29
- 9:30-11:00am: The Solar Conundrum: Information on solar installations and examples of why, how, and when land trusts are taking action
Thursday, March 30
- 9:30-10:45am: Soundscape Ecology
Wednesday, May 3
- 1:00-7:00pm: In-Person Gathering at the Samoset Resort, Rockport – Check back in mid-March for details and registration information.
So mark your calendars and check back regularly for updates and additional information as it becomes available. We will also make announcements via Infoline, our e-newsletter. If you’re not subscribed, sign up now!
Huge thanks to L.L.Bean for once again supporting this event!