Introductory Chainsaw Training for Land Trusts
Tue., Apr. 7, at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Instructor: Caleb Jackson, MCHT Regional Steward
Participation limited to 15 people. If the session fills quickly, we will keep a wait list and consider adding a 2nd session.
This training will include:
- Assessing and using proper personal protective gear (PPE)
- Turning on, arresting, and turning off the chainsaw
- Body Mechanics: safely, efficiently and effectively holding and operating the chainsaw.
- Assessing and releasing compression, tension, and twist
- Trail clearing considerations and esthetics.
This training will NOT include:
- Chainsaw maintenance or chain sharpening techniques
- Felling standing trees.
Location TBD but is likely to be in southwestern Maine. Bring your own bag lunch.
Please bring your own chainsaw, fuel, bar oil, and safety equipment if you have it.