Postponed: Introductory Chainsaw Training for Land Trusts
Tue., Apr. 7, at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event has been postponed until further notice. Once a new date is determined, we will let you know.
Location: One of two 7 Lakes Alliance preserves in Rome, Maine. Our thanks to 7 Lakes Alliance for hosting this event!
Instructor: Caleb Jackson, MCHT Regional Steward
Participation limit: 15 people. If the session fills quickly, we will keep a wait list and consider adding a 2nd session.
This training will include:
- Assessing and using proper personal protective gear (PPE)
- Turning on, arresting, and turning off the chainsaw
- Body Mechanics: safely, efficiently and effectively holding and operating the chainsaw.
- Assessing and releasing compression, tension, and twist
- Trail clearing considerations and esthetics.
This training will NOT include:
- Chainsaw maintenance or chain sharpening techniques
- Felling standing trees.
Bring your own bag lunch.
Bring your own chainsaw, fuel, bar oil, and safety equipment if you have it. If you don’t have any of these items, please let us know ahead of time at the email below.