Administrative Assistant, part-time
Georges River Land Trust
Opening posted: 08/06/2020 | Expires: 08/20/2020
Do you care about the environment? We do too. At the Georges River Land Trust, we protect the most beautiful places in Maine. We also love getting outdoors and creating new ways for people to connect with nature. We’re a growing non-profit in Rockland, right in the heart of Maine’s extraordinary Midcoast region, and we’re seeking a motivated administrative assistant to join our team.
Here’s where you come in: as the administrative assistant you’ll support our enthusiastic staff, and interact with donors, board members, vendors and the public. By helping us make a difference, you make a difference too.
The administrative assistant will:
- Support fundraising efforts by maintaining our donor database and overseeing bulk mailings and gift
- Handle administrative requests from executive director and program staff including correspondence, copying and filing
- Oversee office operations, equipment and supplies
- Schedule meetings and manage our organizational calendar
- Answer phone calls, provide general information and respond to general email inquiries
- Assist with community outreach activities and social media postings
- Help design and distribute marketing materials
- Take a hike. Really! Our work is challenging but it’s all worthwhile when you go out and experience our
trails and preserves and get to share them with others.
The administrative assistant brings:
- Three years of job-related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Google Suite for Business
Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- The ability to work with a high degree of personal and professional initiative, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Web/graphic design skills preferred. Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
- Commitment to the mission, programs and philosophy of the Georges River Land Trust
Salary: To be determined based on experience
Benefits: Medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays, flexible schedule