New England Forestry Foundation, Inc.
|Website||Click to visit|
|Street||32 Foster Street|
|Box||PO Box 1346|
|Town/City||Littleton, Massachusetts 01460|
All New England
How does NEFF work to accomplish our mission?
- We conserve forestland for future generations through purchases, gifts, and bequests of land and easements.
- We actively manage NEFF-owned lands as demonstration and education forests, applying advanced practices in sustainable forestry and modeling tools and techniques that private landowners may wish to adopt.
- We advocate for policies and incentives that encourage and sustain private forestland ownership, ensuring that landowners have economically viable alternatives to selling their land for development.
- We keep 143 NEFF lands open to the public as Community Forests, with no charge for admission, ensuring New Englanders have access to all the recreational opportunities that forests provide.
- We are a resource for forestland owners in our region, helping them to achieve their own land management and legacy objectives.
- We educate landowners and the general public about the importance of forestry through outreach and programming.
- We steward conservation easements that have been entrusted to us, ensuring that landowners’ conservation intents are sustained in accordance with their expressed wishes.
- We are future-focused, and committed to innovation and integrity. NEFF helps prepare the region for a future where forestry is increasingly important, not only to keep forests healthy in the face of climate change, but also as a part of a global environmental solution to climate change. We engage in numerous strategic initiatives to expand the region’s land protection capacity, further forest education, and ensure that NEFF fulfills its mission.
- We endorse and partner with organizations and supporters to work towards the Harvard Forest Wildlands and Woodlands vision to conserve 30 million acres of New England forest.
New England Forestry Foundation, Inc. is an accredited land trust.
|Title||Director of Land Protection|
|Address||P.O. Box 1346, Littleton, MA 01460|
|Click to send|
|Address||PO Box 1346, Littleton, MA 01460|
|Click to send|