Workshop Descriptions – Week 4
Increased Use of Preserves & Keynote
For webinar links, visit the special conference page and enter the password from your registration confirmation email.
Tuesday, April 27th
9:00-10:15am – Our Preserves Runneth Over! Building Relationships with a New Wave of Land Trust Visitors
The past year saw unprecedented numbers of visitors to Maine land trust preserves. Providing spaces to be outside in the pandemic is a tremendous service to the communities we serve. Conserved lands are hardly a best-kept secret anymore. This success adds stresses to our staffs, our budgets, and the preserves themselves, while offering an extraordinary opportunity to grow land trust support. Join us for a marketing and communications workshop to learn:
- Principles for effective engagement with diverse audiences;
- How to help visitors love their time on the land and show their love for the land in return; and
- Ways to motivate new visitors to become members, volunteers and supporters.
Presenters: Gary Stern, consultant to many Maine land trusts, will facilitate a spirited session with Sonya Grier, PhD, Professor of Marketing at American University and Lori Schaefer, Communications Director at Friends of Acadia.
Links shared during session:
- 9 Things We Learned about the Outdoors in 2020, #RecreateResponsibly
- Look Out for ME
Wednesday, April 28th
Presentation of the Espy Land Heritage Award
Maine Coast Heritage Trust presents the Espy Land Heritage Award to an individual, organization, agency or coalition for exemplary conservation efforts in Maine. The award recognizes those that have made outstanding contributions to land conservation in Maine while inspiring others. The recipient of the award will be recognized at the Maine Land Conservation Conference and will be entitled to direct $5,000 to the non-profit organization of their choosing.
9:00-10:15am – Keynote Address by Andrew Bowman, President & CEO of the Land Trust Alliance
- President Biden’s Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad
- Land Trust Alliance Relevance Campaign