Blue Hill Peninsula Accessible Trails Field Trip
Thu., May. 25, at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Limit 20 people
Event Leaders: Blue Hill Heritage Trust Associate Directors George Fields and Chrissy Allen (Member of the Land Trust Alliance Advisory Council on Inclusive Health and Disabilities)
Join Blue Hill Heritage Trust for an Accessible Trails Field Trip around the Blue Hill Peninsula.
The day will include:
- A visit to 5 unique accessible trails that BHHT has created
- Meeting members of BHHT’s Accessibility Advisory Committee
- A chat with some of the contractors who have built these trails for BHHT
- Information on all aspects of these trails including fundraising, site work, maintenance, etc.
- Lunch overlooking one of Maine’s most spectacular views at Caterpillar Hill
Participants will meet in Blue Hill at 9am and then car pool to the various sites, as parking at some of these destinations is very limited.
To register, email Donna and provide your name, phone number, organization, and if you can take passengers in your car for the car pool, how many additional passengers you can take. We will share more specific details about meeting place, lunch options, etc as the date approaches.
This event is a follow up to the Accessibility Workshop MLTN hosted last fall. We hope it will be the first in a series of field trips hosted by Maine land trusts to share their experiences, challenges, and rewards of building accessible trails. Contact Donna if you are interested in hosting a field trip in your area.