Three Wednesdays, January 26, February 2, and February 9, 2020
Time: Variable, view specific agendas for session times
Cost: $95 for Land Trust Alliance members; $125 for non-members
Tracks for both staffed and all volunteer organizations
Registration closes January 21
At its heart, succession planning is a way to facilitate change and growth, making your mission more enduring. It isn’t about “replacing people.” It’s about having a vision of where the organization is headed and adopting clear policies and procedures to nurture new leadership. Creating and following a thoughtful succession planning process can reduce tension and anxiety, strengthen your organization to be more stable and sustainable and allow you to focus on increasing your long-term impact.
In these 90-minute sessions, participants will learn the why, what and how of succession planning. Topics will include:
- The purpose and impacts of succession planning and the risks of not having a thoughtful process.
- The power of embracing a culture and values for transformational and emergent leadership.
- The importance of strategy in guiding succession efforts.
- How prioritizing diversity, engagement and empowerment can impact succession.
- Policies and procedures for both emergency and planned successions.
- Role clarity in succession planning, including the roles of the board chair, board members and staff.
- Internal and external communication best practices.
- Tools, materials and timelines for thoughtful succession processes.
Why not make a commitment to step up your succession planning in the new year? Visit the Alliance website
for more information, including agendas for staffed and all-volunteer tracks.