Maine Land Conservation Conference 2015
Information at right refers to last year's event and is provided for context only.
Maine Coast Heritage Trust presents the Maine Land Conservation Conference to support Maine’s land conservation community. The conference provides training on best practices in land trust management, land transactions, fundraising and stewardship. It provides a forum for learning about the most pressing issues facing land conservation today.
We rely on you - our partners throughout the land trust and nonprofit communities and beyond - to give of your time and expertise to share what you know with others at the Conference. It's with excitement that we announce our annual 2015 Call for Proposals for conference workshops.
2015 Call for Conference Workshop Proposals
The Conference will be held on Friday and Saturday, April 24th and 25th, at the Mt. Ararat Middle School and Orion Performing Arts Center in Topsham, Maine. We are now accepting proposals online for half-day seminars and field trips on Friday, as well as 90-minute workshops on Saturday in all topic areas.
Please submit your proposal(s) no later than Friday, November 21st, 2014. Please submit one proposal at a time. Questions? Contact Donna Bissett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-729-7366.
Please be sure you are available to attend the Conference before submitting your proposal.
Your submission must be completed in one sitting. Once you exit the survey, or if your computer times out, you will have to start your submission again. To complete your submission you will need the following information:
- Personal contact information for you and your co-presenter, if any, including name, organization, title if any, mailing address, email address, and daytime phone
- The type of workshop you wish to propose (half-day seminar, half-day field trip or 90-minute workshop), workshop title, description and intended skill-level
- A short (100 - 150 words) bio for yourself and your co-presenter, if any
- Whether you expect to use PowerPoint or other AV for your presentation (we provide a laptop and LCD projector, you bring your presentation on a flash drive)
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- Our conference is presented to benefit Maine's land conservation community and specifically land trusts. Be sure to explain in your description what useful knowledge or tools land trust staff, board members and volunteers will take away from your workshop session.
- Sessions that are interactive are strongly preferred. If used, PowerPoint presentations should not comprise the majority of the workshop content but should complement a lively oral presentation, handouts that participants can take with them, and above all, interaction with attendees.
- Selections will be made by mid-January 2015. Contact Donna by email or phone (207-729-7366) at any time for an update on the planning committee's progress.
Terry Tempest Williams, award winning author and advocate, and long-time Maine conservationist Roger Milliken delivering the 2014 Maine Land Trust Conference keynote, a “Conversation between Friends.”
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR LEADING SPONSOR:
- Baker Newman & Noyes
- Bar Harbor Trust Services
- Biodiversity Research Institute
- Franklin Printing
- Maine Coastal Program
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Gulf of Maine Coastal Program
- Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve
AND OUR FRIENDS:
- ABS Consulting
- Bayside Bowl
- Carole Martin Consulting
- Executive Service Corps
- FB Environmental Associates
- JN Land Trust Services
- Karen Schaller Fundraising Database Consultant, LLC
- Land for Maine’s Future Program
- Southworth Products Corp
- Stantec Consulting Services, Inc
- Stern Consulting International
- Total Community Manager
- The Trust for Public Land
Thanks as well to Bowdoin College Environmental Studies Program, Traveler’s Inn, Comfort Inn, Mt. Ararat Middle School and the Orion Performing Arts Center, and The Inn at Brunswick Station for their support of this event!