Maine Land Conservation Conference 2016
Maine Coast Heritage Trust presents the Maine Land Conservation Conference to support Maine’s land conservation community. The conference provides training on best practices in land trust management, land transactions, fundraising and stewardship. It provides a forum for learning about the most pressing issues facing land conservation today.
2016 Call for Conference Workshop Proposals
The Conference will be held on Friday and Saturday, April 22nd and 23rd, at the Mt. Ararat Middle School and Orion Performing Arts Center in Topsham, Maine. We are now accepting proposals online for field courses on Friday, as well as 90-minute workshops on Saturday in all topic areas.
Please submit your proposal(s) no later than Monday, November 30th, 2015. Please submit one proposal at a time. Questions? Contact Donna Bissett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-729-7366.
Please be sure you are available to attend the Conference before submitting your proposal.
Your submission must be completed in one sitting. Once you exit the survey, or if your computer times out, you will have to start your submission again. To complete your submission you will need the following information:
- Personal contact information for you and your co-presenter, if any, including name, organization, title if any, mailing address, email address, and daytime phone
- The workshop or field course title, description (250 - 300 words) and intended skill-level
- A short (100 - 150 words) bio for yourself and your co-presenter, if any
- Whether you expect to use PowerPoint or other AV for your presentation (we provide a laptop and LCD projector, you bring your presentation on a flash drive)
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- Our conference is presented to benefit Maine's land conservation community and specifically land trusts. Be sure to explain in your description what useful knowledge or tools land trust staff, board members and volunteers will take away from your workshop session.
- Sessions that are interactive are strongly preferred. If used, PowerPoint presentations should not comprise the majority of the workshop content but should complement a lively oral presentation, handouts that participants can take with them, and above all, interaction with attendees.
- Selections will be made by mid-January 2016. Contact Donna by email or phone (207-729-7366) at any time for an update on the planning committee's progress.
Again, you must complete your submission in one sitting. I'm ready to complete my submission now.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR LEADING SPONSORS: