2022 Maine Land Conservation Conference
Throughout the month of March, we will offer virtual workshops via Zoom, with the hope of some in-person gatherings later in the spring!
The Conference will be virtual again in 2022. We will hold workshops during four consecutive weeks in March. We also hope to schedule some smaller in-person gatherings later in the spring – stayed tuned as that idea develops.
The Conference will kick off with a keynote address from two Maine-based adaptive adventure advocates who will share the Zoom screen to tell a story that is part inspiration, part aspiration, part actual instruction. Enock Glidden of Go Beyond the Fence and Zach Stegeman of the Adaptive Outdoor Education Center are teaming up to take us down their path into the adaptive adventure world and how you can make your land trust lands more accessible and more inviting to Maine’s many adaptive populations.
The 2022 Espy Land Heritage Award will be presented at the close of the final webinar on March 31st.
Registration for the Conference is now open. The cost is $25 for admittance to all workshops, and all will be recorded in case you can’t attend them live. That said, we hope you’ll attend as many of the workshops live as you can. This is our chance to be together, even if it is over Zoom. Each of you brings something special when you make a commitment to be present with us.
Here is the schedule at a glance. For workshop descriptions and presenters, click on the link at the top right:
- Tuesday, March 8
- 9:30 am Conference Kick Off
- 9:35-10:50am Raise the Bar; Lower the Barriers – Making your land trust properties more accessible
- Wednesday, March 9
- 9:30-10:45 am The Power of Birds to Amplify Conservation, Stewardship and Community Outreach
- Tuesday, March 15
- 9:30-10:45am Governance Really Matters: Are You Ready for Leadership Succession?
- Thursday, March, 17
- 10:30am-11:45am Effective Board Financial Oversight
- Tuesday, March 22
- 9:30-10:45am Measuring What Matters! Fundraising Metrics: Surrounded by Data but No Information
- Wednesday, March 23
- 11:00am-12:15pm Creative Approaches to Raising More Money
- Thursday, March 24
- 9:30-10:45am Become the Solution: Engaging Your Community in Conversations to Find Common Ground
- Tuesday, March 29
- 9:30-10:45am At The Speed of Trust: The Role of First Light Conservation Community Delegation
- Thursday, March 31
- 1:00-2:15pm Facilitating Wabanaki Access to Traditional Wabanaki Territory for Cultural Uses
- Following this workshop, we will present the 2022 Espy Land Heritage Award.
- 2:30pm Conference is adjourned
Free Conference Add-On (this option has now closed)
We’re also excited to share that we are partnering with the Massachusetts Land Trust Coalition and New Hampshire Land Trust Coalition to include access to a virtual Board Boot Camp! Sessions will run for five Tuesdays, February 15th through March 15th from 6-7pm, and you can participate at no extra cost when you register for the Maine Land Conservation Conference. (We do ask that you commit to attending at least 4 of the 5 sessions). During the registration process, you’ll be asked if you want to participate – simply answer “Yes, sign me up!” Huge thanks to MLTC for opening this opportunity up to Mainers!
Huge thanks to L.L.Bean, Norway Savings Bank, and The Nature Conservancy for once again supporting this event!